Paralegal (Personal Injury Litigation)
Job Number: 7357
Job Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Lumen Legal is partnered with a nationally known and respected insurance and financial services company to identify and hire a contract Paralegal. This is a contract opportunity working at our client’s modern and comfortable office setting in Walnut Creek, CA, for approximately 6 months (this position has the potential to extend based on the business needs).
The hired Paralegal will deliver great results by:
• Supporting the legal team with clerical duties including answering incoming telephone calls, processing legal documents, coordinating depositions, medical authorizations and follow up, processing deposition transcripts and file archiving.
• Corresponding with attorneys, court staff and clients to schedule appointments, hearings, mediations and depositions.
• Sending deposition notices and appointment confirmations.
The Paralegal hired for this role will enjoy:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Exposure to one of America’s most respected brands.
• A modern business office with many unique amenities.
• Frequent and friendly contact with you Lumen Legal Recruiter, before and after the hire.
Highly qualified applicants will possess the following education, skills and experience:
• 3 or more years of Paralegal experience.
• 3 or more years of experience with Personal Injury litigation.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate.
• Must be willing to complete a Drug Screen and Background Check.
About us: Lumen Legal was founded in 1993. We are experts in legal staffing and outsourcing. Our clients include corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies across the U.S. Our focus includes document review, secondment, contract staffing, commercial contracts outsourcing, managed services, legal spend analytics, and direct hire services. As a woman-owned business certified by WBENC, we are known for our responsiveness to client needs and for providing high-quality services. We are also the primary legal staffing provider for AdvanceLaw, a consortium of 240+ forward-thinking General Counsel seeking to innovate in their legal service delivery model.