Labor & Employment Attorney (Part-Time)
Job Number: 7365
Job Location: New York, NY
Lumen Legal is partnered with a Fortune 500 apparel company to identify and hire a part-time contract Labor & Employment Attorney (Commercial Contracts Specialist). This is a contract opportunity working at our client’s modern and comfortable business campus in New York, New York for approximately 4 months three days per week.
The hired Labor & Employment Attorney will deliver great results by:
• Handling warehouse and distribution labor relations (both union and non-union).
• Legal support for retail businesses and act as the liaison with HR managers.
• Track and monitor policy changes across the United States.
• Drafting of internal documents and position statements.
Highly-qualified applicants will possess the following education, skills and experience:
• 5 or more years of experience with Labor & Employment law.
• 5 or more years of law firm experience.
• Legal experience within the retail space a plus.
• Availability to be on-site at the clients’ location 3 days per week.
• JD from an accredited law school.
• Licensed to practice law in at least 1 U.S. jurisdiction.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must be willing to complete a Drug Screen and Background Check
The Labor & Employment Attorney hired for this role will enjoy:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Exposure to a fast-paced Fortune 500 company.
• A modern business campus with many unique amenities.
• Frequent and friendly contact with you Lumen Legal Recruiter, before and after the hire.
About us: Lumen Legal was founded in 1993. We are experts in legal staffing and outsourcing. Our clients include corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies across the U.S. Our focus includes document review, secondment, contract staffing, commercial contracts outsourcing, managed services, legal spend analytics, and direct hire services. As a woman-owned business certified by WBENC, we are known for our responsiveness to client needs and for providing high-quality services. We are also the primary legal staffing provider for AdvanceLaw, a consortium of 240+ forward-thinking General Counsel seeking to innovate in their legal service delivery model.