Life Insurance Attorney - Remote (Contract)
Job Number: 7398
Job Location: Remote
Lumen Legal is partnered with a nationally known and respected insurance and financial services company to identify and hire a contract Life Insurance Attorney. This is a long-term contract opportunity (approximately 1 year in duration) working at our client’s modern and comfortable business campus in San Antonio, Texas. Our client is also comfortable with the selected attorney working remotely, however travel into San Antonio for training as well as future meetings may be required.
The hired Life Insurance Attorney will deliver great results by:
· Reviewing and analyzing laws and legal contracts to provide advice and guidance to the business.
· Reviewing member service team legal requests related to contract changes.
· Reviewing and providing guidance regarding powers of attorney, divorce decrees, guardianship documents among others.
The Life Insurance Attorney hired for this role will enjoy:
· A competitive hourly rate
· Exposure to one of America’s most respected brands.
· A modern business campus with many unique amenities.
· Frequent and friendly contact with you Lumen Legal Recruiter, before and after the hire.
· The opportunity to work remotely from a home office.
Highly qualified applicants will possess the following education, skills and experience:
· 5 or more years of legal experience within Life Insurance.
· 5 or more years of experience handling claims best practices and procedures.
· 5 or more years of experience interpreting legal documents such as powers of attorney and divorce decrees.
· Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Advanced user of LexisNexis.
· Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
· License to practice law in at least 1 U.S. jurisdiction.
· Access to a secured high-speed internet connection and a dedicated computer if working remotely.
· Must be willing to complete a Drug Screen and Background Check.
About us: Lumen Legal was founded in 1993. We are experts in legal staffing and outsourcing. Our clients include corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies across the U.S. Our focus includes document review, secondment, contract staffing, commercial contracts outsourcing, managed services, legal spend analytics, and direct hire services. As a woman-owned business certified by WBENC, we are known for our responsiveness to client needs and for providing high-quality services. We are also the primary legal staffing provider for AdvanceLaw, a consortium of 240+ forward-thinking General Counsel seeking to innovate in their legal service delivery model.