Enterprise Litigation Attorney (Contract)
Job Number: 7400
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
Lumen Legal is partnered with a nationally known and respected insurance and financial services company to identify and hire a contract Enterprise Litigation Attorney. This is a long-term contract opportunity (approximately 2 years in duration) working at our client’s modern and comfortable business campus in San Antonio, Texas.
The hired Enterprise Litigation Attorney will deliver great results by:
• Working as in-house counsel managing a docket of 50-75 consumer litigation cases or arbitrations involving banking products.
• Investigating facts relating to customer disputes.
• Engaging with and supervising outside counsel.
• Settling and documenting case strategy and progress.
• Reviewing and approving pleadings, motions and discovery responses prepared by outside counsel.
• Evaluating the exposure and risk presented by each case and preparing recommendations for trial.
The Enterprise Litigation Attorney hired for this role will enjoy:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Exposure to one of America’s most respected brands.
• A modern business campus with many unique amenities.
• Frequent and friendly contact with you Lumen Legal Recruiter, before and after the hire.
• The opportunity to work remotely from a home office.
Highly qualified applicants will possess the following education, skills and experience:
• 5 or more years of legal experience working with financial services in consumer litigation.
• Extensive knowledge of Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Federal and State Debt Collection Practices Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA) Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and deceptive trade practice litigation.
• 5 or more years of experience in civil litigation.
• 3 or more years of experience preparing case evaluations or legal memos for clients.
• Experience engaging with and supervising outside counsel.
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Advanced user of Document Management Systems (Documentum, OpenText, Box).
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
• License to practice law in at least 1 U.S. jurisdiction.
• Availability to work on-site in San Antonio, Texas.
• Must be willing to complete a Drug Screen and Background Check.
About us: Lumen Legal was founded in 1993. We are experts in legal staffing and outsourcing. Our clients include corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies across the U.S. Our focus includes document review, secondment, contract staffing, commercial contracts outsourcing, managed services, legal spend analytics, and direct hire services. As a woman-owned business certified by WBENC, we are known for our responsiveness to client needs and for providing high-quality services. We are also the primary legal staffing provider for AdvanceLaw, a consortium of 240+ forward-thinking General Counsel seeking to innovate in their legal service delivery model.