Insurance Regulatory Attorney (Contract)
Job Number: 7415
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas
Lumen Legal is partnered with a nationally known and respected insurance and financial services company to identify and hire a contract Insurance Regulatory Attorney. This is a long-term contract opportunity (approximately 8 months in duration) working at our client’s modern and comfortable business campus in San Antonio, Texas. Our client is also comfortable with the selected attorney working remotely, however there may be travel required to San Antonio for the start of the project as well as for additional meetings throughout the engagement.
The hired Insurance Regulatory Attorney will deliver great results by:
• Conducting complex analysis of new and changing insurance laws.
• Working closely with Life, Health and P&C Counsel to ensure regulatory measures are in place.
• Aiding in the process of federal regulatory examinations.
The Insurance Regulatory Attorney hired for this role will enjoy:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Exposure to one of America’s most respected brands.
• A modern business campus with many unique amenities.
• Frequent and friendly contact with you Lumen Legal Recruiter, before and after the hire.
• The opportunity to work remotely from a home office.
Highly qualified applicants will possess the following education, skills and experience:
• 7 or more years of experience within insurance law and regulations applicable to P&C companies.
• 7 years of experience conducting analysis of insurance laws.
• Experience with federal and/or banking regulatory agencies.
• Experience with regulatory examinations and exam oversights preferred.
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
• License to practice law in at least 1 U.S. jurisdiction.
• Must be willing to complete a Drug Screen and Background Check.
Lumen Legal was founded in 1993. We are experts in legal staffing and outsourcing. Our clients include corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies across the U.S. Our focus includes document review, secondment, contract staffing, commercial contracts outsourcing, managed services, legal spend analytics, and direct hire services. As a woman-owned business certified by WBENC, we are known for our responsiveness to client needs and for providing high-quality services. We are also the primary legal staffing provider for AdvanceLaw, a consortium of 240+ forward-thinking General Counsel seeking to innovate their legal service delivery model.