Bank Counsel (Contract)
Job Number: 7327
Job Location: Remote or San Antonio, TX
Lumen Legal is partnered with a nationally known and respected insurance and financial services company to identify and hire a contract Bank Counsel. This is a contract opportunity working at our client’s modern and comfortable business campus in San Antonio, TX, for approximately 6 months. Our client is also comfortable with this attorney being a remote resource but would require them to be on-site one week per month for the duration of the contract.
The hired Bank Counsel will deliver great results by:
• Collaborating closely with in-house and outside counsel to answer questions regarding banking regulations and requirements.
• Participating in the End to End product reviews for the bank.
• Supporting Deposit Laws, Money Movement, Debit Cards, Credit Reporting and Credit Card Law.
• Providing guidance to senior management regarding regulatory matters.
The Bank Counsel hired for this role will enjoy:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Exposure to one of America’s most respected brands.
• A modern business campus with many unique amenities.
• Frequent and friendly contact with you Lumen Legal Recruiter, before and after the hire.
Highly-qualified applicants will possess the following education, skills and experience:
• 4 or more years of experience with Deposit Laws & Regulations.
• 4 or more years of experience with Money Movement (ACH, Wire Transfers, P2P and Mobile Wallets).
• 4 or more years of experience with Debit & ATM Card Regulations.
• 4 or more years of experience with Credit Card Laws and Regulations.
• 4 or more years of experience with Credit Reporting Regulations.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
• Availability to be on-site in San Antonio one week per month for the duration of the 6 month project.
• Must be willing to complete a Drug Screen and Background Check.
About us: Lumen Legal was founded in 1993. We are experts in legal staffing and outsourcing. Our clients include corporate legal departments, law firms and government agencies across the U.S. Our focus includes document review, secondment, contract staffing, commercial contracts outsourcing, managed services, legal spend analytics and direct hire services. As a woman-owned business certified by WBENC, we are known for our responsiveness to client needs and for providing high quality services. We are also the primary legal staffing provider for AdvanceLaw, a consortium of 240+ forward-thinking General Counsel seeking to innovate in their legal service delivery model.