Lumen Legal uses the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) to run our company. Every company has an operating system whether it has a name or not. It’s the way it organizes all its human energy to meet, solve problems, plan, prioritize, follow process, communicate, measure, provide structure, clarify roles, lead and manage.
There are over 50,000 companies in the world that use EOS. It was designed for 10 to 250 person entrepreneurial companies that are open-minded and growth-oriented. Too many companies have competing operating systems because they allow each department to run too independently. This often leads to poor communication, dysfunction, frustration and confusion because goals and objectives across departments may be in conflict, different terminology may be being used and communication is not streamlined across departments. With EOS, everyone is rowing in the same direction which eliminates time-wasting activities due to miscommunication.
EOS has six components. The goal is to be 100% strong in each of these areas in order to be a great, well-run organization.
- Vision: We use the Vision/Traction organizer to get everyone aligned on the same short-term and long-term goals.
- People: With EOS, we focus on making sure the right people are in the right seats.
- Issues: We use a technique to bring issues to the surface and solve them, once and for all.
- Traction: This component helps us clarify and choose the right priorities, so we have discipline, execution and accountability.
- Process: Core processes allow us to have a consistent way of doing all of the company’s operations.
- Data: EOS scorecards help us focus on numbers that drive the business.
We would never go back to running our company without EOS. It has made our company strong and fueled our growth.
If you’d like to learn more about EOS, give me a call at 248-597-0400.